Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Curly Chocolate Cake

One of my favorite dessert cookbooks is the Good Housekeeping Illustrated Book of Desserts.  I have made several cakes from this book and they all have turned out DELICIOUS!!!  Better than many cakes that I have gotten in restaurants or specialty dessert stores.  I am working on getting my results to "look" like they do in the book, but have been quite happy with how the results "taste".  That's the most important thing anyway, isn't it?  I have the 1991 version that I got from a little gourmet kitchen store where I used to work.


The first cake I made from this book was the Curly Chocolate Cake.  I made this for my good friend Kim for her birthday.  I wouldn't make this for just anyone...but Kim is a special friend.  A lot of care went into this cake and it was fun to make.  It was covered in chocolate curls which took some time to make.  Here are some before and after shots.




Kim was happy with it which made me happy!  She has always been extremely supportive of my baking hobby and I really enjoyed baking for her.  Baking with her was fun too!  We spent a couple of weekends baking and decorating millions (literally, it seemed like) of cookies!  I will post more on that later.  Miss you Kim :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails