Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wow! It's been a while...

I can't believe how long it has been since my last post! So much for "lollipop pic of the week" too! I decided to scratch the "week" part of that and just post a new L-pop pic every month instead.

My dad had knee replacement surgery 2 weeks ago and I've been helping my mom out w/ the cooking, shopping, babysitting, etc. Whew! Talk about a 2-week crash course into what it will be like to take care of a family!! All in all everything went well. Grammie, with her dementia, has been a bit hard to manage and the little nephew and cousins are having one crazy summer! In addition to this, I've been working on the 20-year HS reunion which is coming up in 3 weeks. Gulp! I can't believe it has been that long...and I can't believe how behind we are in the planning!!!

Surprisingly, during all of this, I've managed to get some scrapbooking done. I just completed pages 6 & 7 of my very first scrapbook endeavor. I am working on a book of my Jamaica trip from 8 years ago. It has been fun and I'm really getting into using different techniques and styles to support the images taken during the trip. I plan to post my pages soon. In the meantime, I'll just post another card that I did a while back. This one was for my cousin's birthday. I used the Four Dolls clear stamps from Hero Arts again. I just think they are so adorable, so I try to use them a lot!

For this card I also used the new Die Cuts With A View "Summer Dream" paper (purple floral) and solid textured cardstock in coordinating lavender and purple. The "celebrate your day" stamp was from My Sentiments Exactly! Cupcake B-Day clear stamp set. The glitter flower brads are Oriental Trading company. Hope you like it!
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. The card is truly adorable...I just love the 'Four Dolls' stamps. You have been doing a great job taking care of your family and I know they appreciate it. Just remember to make time for yourself - maybe see a movie with your friend..hint hint :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails