Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

First Lollipop Jubilee Post

On Friday, May 7th, 2010 at about 6:15 pm on my mother's birthday, she told me that she wished she had a blog to share her scrapbooking projects with her Cricut chat friends. Neither one of us knew anything about how to put a blog together, so as a birthday gift (and Mother's Day gift) to my mommy, I've spent most of the past 52 hrs* learning how to create cute blog sites for each of us. By Googling and searching and checking out other cute blogs I came across some AWESOME sites such as Shabby Blogs, The Cutest Blog on the Block and LeeLou Blogs. I was able to pull elements from each of these sites to "create" blogs that represent both of our personalities and styles. FOR FREE!!!

{added May 12, 2010} Just realized that both of the designs that my mom and I chose for our blogs were designed by Michelle Underwood. Just wanted to give her a proper shout-out. She's really talented! We obviously love her stuff!

*Note: Several hours were dedicated solely on deciding what our blog names should be. We both love the word Jubilee and so we both wanted to use it! It think it is great because it ties us together, just as scrapbooking, collecting (a.k.a. hoarding) has done in the past. ;o) Love you Mom! Her blog name is Jubilee Bliss and mine is Lollipop Jubilee. Check her's out too!

So, after hours of "research and development" I am happy to say that we both have published our first posts. So what if we are the only ones reading them?! We're still figuring this whole thing out! I think it will be a fun outlet to share and be creative. Followers will come later...hopefully!!!

Stephanie (still need to find out how to get a cute signature)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails