Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kim's Baby Shower

This evening I thought it would be fun to post some pictures from my friend Kim's baby shower. I wanted to create something wonderful for her since the poor girl had spent a good portion of her pregnancy on bedrest (she was given permission by her doctor to attend her own shower--phew!). We knew she was having a baby girl so I wanted to give her a shower that was sweet and girly. The white cake was in the shape of a onesie that I carved out of the Wilton T-Shirt cake pan. I frosted it with buttercream frosting and free-handed the outline of the onesie in purple, then added a few flowers. As you can see, I'm not really skilled with the icing tips yet...maybe someday.


I had enough cake batter left over to make cupcakes too. I just played around with the decorating...just winging it as I went.

I also made some sugar cookies in the shapes of duckies, baby buggies, bottles and baby feet. I decorated these using a powdered sugar glaze because it sets up well. I found some tiny Wilton baby cookie cutters and made little cookies to adorn the cupcakes with. Pinks and purples and all the super girly stuff that Kim loves so much ;0) Little Peyton Julia came into the world a tad early, not too long after this shower!




2 comments:

  1. You truly are an amazing decorator who should own her own shop!!! :-) I can be your taste tester...ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby shower goodies Steph, but that cheese ball looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails