Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

LOLLIPOP PIC OF THE WEEK...week 3


Eek! This is a day late! So sorry! This past weekend was not only ridiculously humid, but also very busy. I'll go into that in a sec. First things first...these cute l-pops. They are bright and summery and totally cute. Sometimes it boggles my mind how creative people are. I wish I knew how to make lollipops like this. I need to go through my cookbooks to see if there's a recipe or something.

Okay...speaking of cookbooks...holy mama! I HAVE TOO MANY COOKBOOKS. I know I have a bit of an unnatural obsession with them but it really became clear this weekend how crazy my obsession is. So, as I mentioned, this weekend was very humid. I recently moved back to this state and have all of my "stuff" in a 23-foot storage unit--okay...two 23-foot storage units. I have been worried about leaving certain items in storage all summer long knowing that it is awfully sticky here. I was particularly concerned about my photos. My mother and I went to get them out and discovered that a lot of boxes looked like they were caving in and sort of "soggy". The majority of these boxes were filled with books, books, and many, many more books. I opened a few and saw that some (my yearbooks!) were getting soggy! So, in panic mode, I packed up 3 carloads of heavy book boxes back home. I was sweating my patootie off! I loved it! Not. Anyway, I now have about 30 book boxes sitting in my living room. Cookbooks, novels, textbooks, yearbooks, magazines...sheesh! I would have to read for every second of the rest of my life and I still wouldn't make it through them all. So, why, why, why do I keep them? I have a sickness...a disease...it is so bad that yesterday I told a friend at work about the book fiasco and mentioned that I have a collection of cookbooks that I rescued and she said, "Oh! I have some set aside for donation. I'll bring them to you." Instead of declining them I said "YES!" All night I kept wondering which ones she had...I obviously didn't need them, but I was THRILLED to get them today. One was the reproduction edition of the Betty Crocker's Picture Cook Book originally published in 1950. Little did she know that I collect vintage Betty Crocker cookbooks and have been wanting this one! SCORE! I know I didn't need it, but I wanted it!! I'm sick!

Just for fun, here are some pictures of my Betty Crocker cookbooks. They are so cute! The photos inside the books are so old fashioned and poor quality, but I love that about them. The cute red & white one in the top right is from my friend. Thanks Ann!

The one below is my favorite. The Betty Crocker's Cooky Book, Copyright 1963, First Edition, spiral bound.

3 comments:

  1. You are more than welcome and I certainly did not truly understand until NOW! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. I'm completely jealous of that collection! (I just clicked here when I saw you as my latest follower, and I had to comment because Oh. My. Goodness. That collection! Did I mention I'm jealous?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, you have an awesome cookbook collection! I love them too and have way too many, even though I only cook from a recipe about once a week. Those vintage cookbooks not only have the best recipes, but super-cute illustrations too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails